Monday, February 20, 2012

Quit Playing Games with my Heart... House

Some people love looking for houses, but I just find it stressful and anxiety filled, especially since I am doing this on my own.  I am not a risk taker, and the thought of an expensive inspection, someone else getting it before me, and all the risks involved makes me want to barf.  Dramatic, maybe... but I do not throw down 100,000 everyday.  Today I probably made the mistake of looking at the cutest house ever, when my lease is up in September (totally going tomorrow to see if I can talk them into letting me break it without 1 million dollars in fees).  My goal was to find a house and move in during August...  but It will for sure be gone by then...it was made for me.  I got some advice from a few "house buying experts" and they told me to never fall in love with a house.  WELP too late- done it.  Some of you might look below and think, wow...that is your dream house???  Here are some of my "dream houses," pinterest style:)


LOVE LOVE LOVE, this porch and style- precious.  




Notice how I love small homes- not a fan of big cookie cutter ones, but old cottage ones.  Problem is, in a town like Keller, Texas there are about 15 actual old homes...it is a pretty new suburb.  I think that is why I am attracted to the home below.  I love the location, houses around it, and how cute and unique it is inside.  I am doomed... I fall in love too fast.  This ole heart cant take this...and it is my first round.  The other two homes were o.k., but the neighborhoods were unsafe feeling, had weird smells, and they were just blah.  I am not a blah fan or a fan of pungent odors.  This home is super small- 1,090 sq. feet- 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, dining, living, galley kitchen, awesome back porch with swing, shed, but would be SO perfect for me!  It is pale yellow if you cannot tell...adorable.  I asked him if I could meet her that way I could make her wait, and see that I will be the perfect person for her house...but he said that was weird.  From the pictures in her house, she is an old christian lady...I would be a shoe in- I must meet her! 


I will keep you updated.... xoxo- Lana...Girl who is about to be on an emotional roller coaster

5 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you, I really want you to get this!!! Owning my own home is a future dream of mine, so I think it is so amazing that you're doing this.

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks dear! It is one of mine too... it is so kind of you to check in and give me encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said this is a super small house...we live in the same size house and have 5 people in it...and I think it is a great size. :o)

    Best of luck on your house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...sorry Tif:) Small for all the other houses I am looking at, but do not like as much...because they feel too big. My family and I lived in a house of this size- with 8- loved it! We added on one room a little after the quads- it sure made a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have a connection to the house. That is totally me - when I walked in this house, I knew it was made for us to resurrect (we didn't realize 3 different times). If you still like it, take a stroll in the neighborhood, check out the foursquare block about sundown and ask to meet the owner if she will. If not change realtors! Go girl - it can be yours!

    ReplyDelete