Sunday, January 29, 2012

Remix #2

Picked out my 30 pieces of clothing.  For some reason it was harder this time than the first.  I am doubting a lot of things...so I might be switching out as the days go by.  I also I have a few items that are from the first remix...no I did not buy all new clothes for this thing...was not about to.  It is sort of nice to already have an idea of what I will be wearing for the next 30 days...makes things easy!  I am too lazy and tired to  write out every item, but here are some numbers for ya:)  Shoes: 5, Jackets/ Blazers: 3, Cardigans: 2, Tops: 11, Dresses: 3, Pants: 3, Skirts: 3.  

I was sewing up a storm tonight... inspired from Saturday.  I made a scarf out of the fabric I dyed.  I am so glad she taught us how to dye things... I just love manipulating fabrics like that (yes I am dork).  I cannot wait to show my kids and experiment with all kinds of vegetables, Rit, and even koolaid.


Then below is the "masterpiece" I had to think up in like an hour.  She taught us a few tips and ways to manipulate fabric then she said...ok do whatever.  Well all 15ish of us were racing around the room trying to share equipment, dyes, and fabric.  I don't really know why i painted bold stripes like this...after I was done I was like- Great...looks like bananas in pajamas.  I had just gone to the exhibition and he used a lot of stripes... he stinking influenced me.  The thing that I love about this, is that I used a flat pattern(have never done that before), and even did the lining on the armholes and stuff without a pattern- for some this may be simple, but I finally get it!  So I am somewhat proud of myself.  Now I can make more like it... 


My little workspace at the Museum.  Loved it!  I will have more tomorrow about the workshop and my 1st outfit!



No comments:

Post a Comment