Saturday, January 28, 2012

From Sidewalk to the Catwalk

I sort of had the best fashion experience today.  It was full of beautiful dresses (Jean Paul Gaultier exhibit), beautiful people (I don't think they let ugly people walk in the Dallas Museum of Art...really), fun workshops hosted by a project runway contestant (first season- Shirin Askari..she is adorable...we are now friends), and learning about dying/painting/smocking fabric (so fun...totally doing this with my students ASAP).  I will have lots of pictures of the workshop for ya on Monday:)  

I want to show you some pictures of the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition (It will be at the Dallas Museum of Arts until Feb 12).  IT WAS AMAZING...even if you don't like fashion, you will like all 4 rooms of this exhibit.  The mannequins talk it this sort of creepy/awesome way, the dresses are so intricate (its really interesting to see how long he spent on each dress).  They have 130 of his dresses on display.  He is a very interesting fellow... has a little bit of everything- very out there on some of his stuff.  Here were some of my favorites... it is hard to see the details, but just believe me when I say they are crazy detailed.  Oh and he is known for the Madonna (spiky bra) look.  So glad that look entered the world.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment